Lotus Chiropractic Care
Treatment (Back pain)
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a discipline that diagnoses and treats conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system including muscles, joints and nerves. Chiropractic treatment is not limited to the spine but also conditions affecting the upper and lower limbs.
What conditions can be treated by a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors in Australia are trained at university over the course of 5 years to treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
The most common complaints include:
- Low back pain (facet joint, sacroiliac joint, disc bulge/herniation, sciatica)
- Mid back pain (facet joint, rib/costotransverse joint, costochondritis)
- Neck pain
- Radiating leg and arm pain
- Hip pain
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain and wrist pain
- Jaw (TMJ) pain and clicking
- Joint pain and joint stiffness
- Muscular tightness, aching or pain
- Postural/work related repetitive strain
- Sports injuries (sprains, strains, tendonitis, bursitis, etc.)
What treatment techniques are used?
Techniques used include joint manipulation (diversified technique), joint mobilisation, traction, muscle work (trigger point therapy, gau sha), stretching, sports taping and dry needling. Chiropractors utilise joint manipulation on the spine (and other joints) to restore correct alignment and function of joints and muscles. When performed by a chiropractor spinal manipulation is a safe method of treatment for many painful conditions.